FreedomPop started with a simple mission, to ensure every American has unprecedented access to free Internet. To date, we have given away over 1 Billion MBs of absolutely free data – in fact, over half of our users don’t pay us a penny.
As more and more people join FreedomPop, we admit that we have struggled to keep up with customer service issues and our response times have slipped. We want to apologize to our users foremost for admittedly less than timely customer service. The good news is we are listening and in an effort to address this feedback, we have recently ramped up the customer service department, moved the entire operation local, and adjusted the T&C’s to better address any policy criticisms per below:
- “Active Status Fee”-We used to pass on a .99 cent network fee to keep an inactive account active on our partner network each month. The reason we did that is because we actually get charged by our partners, so we were hoping our users could just turn on their device once per month so we’d all avoid that nominal cost. However, it has caused more confusion than it’s worth so we have suspended this charge going forward.
- “Response time” -We have admittedly slipped as new devices and more users have increased the number of tickets coming in. However, we are doubling down on customer service headcount and bringing 100% onshore. We will now aim to address 100% of inquiries within 48 hours, without fail.
- “Data rounding”-There have been complaints that our data usage rounds up to the nearest MB vs KB. This was for visual representation only, i.e. we were not actually rounding but just displayed it that way. To avoid any confusion, we now display in KBs so there is no perception of rounding.
- “Top-up”-Users who go over their plan allotment can continue using the Internet on a pay-as-you-go basis. If the “auto top up” option is selected, we will automatically top up your pay-as-you-go credit balance with $10 when you hit your plan limit so your service is not interrupted. If you’d rather manually manage, we provide the ability to easily turn auto top up off.
- “Returns”-If you want to return your device within our return window, we will give you your money back. We do ask you pay for return shipping. This may appear frugal on our part, but we’d rather push the boundaries on how much free data we give away than how much free shipping we give away.
- “Delayed device shipments” -Demand for new devices has been ridiculous and we have been on backorder for several weeks. The good news is we have received new inventory and will start shipping this week. There has been additional concern that backordered users will have less time to use extra free data provided in the 1st month. This is not true. Plan period will start after the shipping date (not the purchase date).
We want to thank everyone for your patience and your feedback to date. We are starting a revolution and we want to keep hearing from you – whether it’s positive or negative – as your feedback is going to make FreedomPop even better for everyone. Thanks again for your support.
7 Responses to 'We’re Listening'
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.