Archive for the ‘FreedomPop’ tag
We’re absolutely thrilled to announce one of our most successful launches yet for our revolutionary new Beta Freedom Phone. In fact, our phone promotion definitely captured a lot of attention, so much so we had a much bigger back order than anticipated.
That said, we expected to do hundreds of orders, not tens of thousands and kitting these phones proved to take a little longer than anticipated. But the good news is that we’ve automated the process and are banging through back orders now. In addition, we will be working through the holidays to make sure that your order gets shipped as soon as it can.
For you patience users who have waited longer than the anticipated 2 weeks are receiving an extra 1GB of data on us, as a special thank you.
FreedomPop is happy to announce that our newest mission to bring Free Talk, Text and Data to all Americans is off to a great start. As promised, we are working tirelessly to address the initial beta feedback to improve our product.
Good news is that we have already made improvements on two of the biggest initial issues regarding the Freedom Phone: Call Quality over 3G and Battery Life.
For improved call quality over 3G, just download the latest version of our Messaging App in Google Play:
- Either by opening up Google Play App in your Freedom Phone or using this link: http://bit.ly/16qyT7u
- Click the “Update” button on the top left hand side to begin the download
- For the best results, make sure Wi-Fi is turned on (under “Settings”) and connected to your home WiFi
- You can also toggle the “Auto Update” feature by clicking on the Menu Button while in the Google Play Store Page for our Messaging App
If you are experiencing a shortened battery life for your Evo Design 4G:
First off, let us know if you want a new battery free of charge. Just email customer support with a valid shipping address.
also, below are some tips to immediately reduce battery power
1) Connect your device to wifi at home (which lessons the power consumption from 3G and 4G antennas)
2) Reduce the Brightness of your Screen
For a complete list of ways to improve your battery life, check out our Freedom Phone support page: http://bit.ly/15YmhlD.
There’s also outside resources online that already exist for the Evo Design 4G. Feel free to research battery saving tips on your own. Here are a few that we’ve found to be helpful:
- Troubleshoot Issues Related to Battery Life- HTC EVO Design 4G- http://bit.ly/1eEtxpd
- HTC Evo 4G’s Battery Life Wiki- http://bit.ly/H6FI2Q
Once again we want to thank the best early adopters ever for participating in Freedom Phone Beta! Our efforts to give you the best experience and service will never stop. We’ll continue to provide updates through our App in the Google Play Store.
We’ve received hundreds of positive FreedomPop reviews about the FreedomPop Overdrive Pro was our first 4G/3G device that brought FreedomPop’s services Nationwide using Sprint’s 3G Network. The Overdrive Pro boasts an impressive LCD screen with real time information. It’s sleek and mobile design weighs just over 3 ounces and can connect up to 8 wifi enabled devices to a secure and fast 4G network. When you’re not in a good 4G coverage area, always feel connected with Sprint’s Nationwide 3G Network. The Overdrive Pro also has a removable battery that will keep you online for about 6 hours or 4 hours with active usage on a full charge.
We’ve collected a few FreedomPop reviews from the press and from our users:
“The best part about the Overdrive Pro is 3G support, as it allows you to use the modem virtually across the country. That means you won’t have to worry about staying connected when you travel. You can’t say that about 4G, which has a much more limited coverage area.”- Alex Colon, PC Mag, Freedom Spot Overdrive Pro- FreedomPop Review
FreedomPop reviews from real customers on Facebook and Slickdeals:
“Got the Overdrive over the weekend it’s AWESOME! I have intermittent 4g service so the 3G fallback is great. Thanks Freedom Pop!”- Tracy C, Facebook
“I just got my FreedomPop Overdrive. 500mb of 3G and 4G for just $3.99/month, and it has better coverage than my at&t 4G iPhone. Definitely worth the wait, I love FreedomPop!”- Brandon Counts, Facebook
“I’ve had one for at least 6 months and it’s great for traveling. I use it in locations that charge for wifi or where wifi is not available. I also work from home and have used it as a backup connection one stormy day when my cable modem wasn’t working. The speeds are great and fortunately I’ve never gone over the 500MB limit.”- Quest4dollars, Slickdeals.net
Don’t forget to share your Freedom Pop review or story in our comments section. We might even give you some Free Data in return.
To get your very own Freedom Spot Overdrive Pro, check out our website here
Weighing in at a mere 2.1 ounces with a width of 2.6”, a height of 2.6”, and a depth of 0.5”, the FreedomPop Photon is our favorite little guy, as well as one of our best selling devices. It will connect up to 8 devices simultaneously to the internet via wifi. One a full charge, the Photon will work for up to 6 hours and get speeds up to 12Mpbs down and 1.5Mpbs up on Clearwire’s Wimax network. Don’t be fooled. This little guy packs a huge punch, and the positive FreedomPop Photon Reviews prove it. It was also recently named one of the Best Mobile WiFi Hospots by Mashable.
Here’s a few fun things some awesome subscribers have been saying so far in FreedomPop Reviews: Photon Edition:
It’s made of soft touch black plastic, with matte black grilles along the side. It’s attractive, in a minimalist way, and small enough to slip into any pocket.- Alex Colon, PC Mag: FreedomPop Freedom Spot Photon
“The setup process couldn’t be easier… You turn on the Photon 4G by holding the power button, give it a minute to start up, and then connect to it with your smartphone, tablet, laptop or whatever other WiFi-enabled device the way you would connect to any access point.”-Michael Kwan, Mobile Mag: FreedomPop Photon 4G Mobile Hotspot Review
I’ve been loving Freedompop. I live and work in Baltimore, so coverage is great. My hotspot actually saved my tail during hurricane Sandy when we were ordered to work from home and my Comcast internet went down. Miraculously, Clearwire’s towers were still up and I was able to work and get paid thanks to this device- David Flores: Mobile Mag Comment
Not only can you buy a Photon from Amazon, but there are some great first-hand user FreedomPop Reviews: Photon Edition there too:
“This is an amazing little device. Although it’s much smaller, thinner, and lighter than a phone, the battery life is impressive: nearly six hours of continuous use. In comparison, my smartphone’s battery drains out within an hour or two when I use it as a wifi hotspot”.- Joshua H, Amazon
Facebook is another great place to read FreedomPop Photon Reviews:
My Photon is working great, there really should be a point of reference for how small these are in every official photo, like a credit card. ITS TINY! love it and it still runs the same 6 hrs per charge my Clear iSpot does. GREAT work guys!- Brad Apelgren, Facebook
Don’t forget to visit our website to get the best deals on your very own Freedom Spot Photon HERE
Our most budget friendly device is the size of a USB drive. The Freedom Stick Bolt is designed to be as easy as plug-and-play. There are no cables and no chargers. At half the price of a hotspot, the Bolt is designed to get one device online by creating an ethernet connection. It’s extremely reliable, requires no maintenance, and no charging. Since it doesn’t create wifi network, you can surf the net securely without the fear of someone else getting on your network.
We’ve received articles written from all over the internet about our services, but sometimes the best advice comes from real users. Here are some first-hand Freedompop Reviews for the Bolt from users who use our services everyday.
Ok, i just got the USB device. So far i am loving it. I work in telecom so i expected a couple of minutes of setup. I was very pleasantly surprised it was true plug-and-play, and on a MAC!.I will keep using it, and believe me if the experience is this silky smooth, i will be telling all my friends and coworkers!- Juan Alberto Perez Zacarias, Facebook
If you’re at all mobile this is a no brainer. Just get it.- Rob Gonzalez, Amazon
“Very handy device. It is very useful in school when our wifi network is too overloaded and the internet becomes unusable.” – William Wadsworth, Facebook
Don’t forget to Bolt it up by visiting our website here to order or just to learn more.
Though FreedomPop started as just an idea, it’s evolved into a shared mission to bring free internet to anyone, anywhere. We continue to improve our services based on FreedomPop reviews from our customers and feedback from users like you. We wanted to share with you some FreedomPop reviews from across the web to date, including FreedomPop reviews of our devices and FreedomPop reviews of our services.
We also wanted to remind you to leave your own comments and FreedomPop reviews with us whether it is via email to our customer service desk or on Facebook. Thoughts and ideas are always welcomed.
CNET FreedomPop Review
This FreedomPop review comes from the one of the top consumer electronics oriented review sites:
- “FreedomPop is trying to change the broadband market like Skype has changed voice. The company offers free Internet access delivered via Clearwire’s WiMax network, something that could pose a big threat to the traditional Internet service providers like Time Warner Cable.”- Shara Tibken, CNET: FreedomPop Launches Free Home Broadband
- “This could be a dream come true for iPhone-envying iPod Touch owners.” – Rick Broida, CNET: FreedomPop Cradle Brings Free 4G to iPod Touch
Forbes Tech FreedomPop Review
This FreedomPop review comes from an independent journalist and FreedomPop subscriber
- “FreedomPop allows you to buy only what you need at a fair price”- Jordan Shapiro, Forbes Tech: FreedomPop Hands-on and Unplugged at Home
PC Mag FreedomPop Review
This FreedomPop review delivered a 4 star rating from one of the top consumer electronics magazines online
- On its own, the Freedom Spot Photon is a solid hotspot. Combined with a free plan from FreedomPop, it’s an innovative new way to get online for free. It’s a great, inexpensive option for staying connected on the go, and a worthy recipient of our Editors’ Choice award. -Alex Colon, PC Mag: FreedomPop Freedom Spot Photon
FreedomPop User Reviews
Check out all the FreedomPop reviews from our very own users submitted across social media and emailed directly to our customer support staff
- “This is a fabulous solution to get all my devices online when I need it. It’s fast speeds and great coverage area keep me hooked up! Thanks Freedom Pop!!!”- Annette G, Facebook
- “I ♥ FreedomPop! Reliability and connectivity is awesome! :-)” – Melissa M, Facebook
- “Fantastic solution”- RPV, Amazon
- “It’s true that the FreedomPop WIMAX network’ coverage is small, but, if you live in an area with coverage you get excellent download and upload speeds” -Ryan H, Amazon
- “I have been using FreedomPop for about 3 weeks now. Before FreedomPop I had Net Zero. I must say that FreedomPop seems faster and receives a stronger single than my previous carrier. I glad I made the switch.”- Rich Ashley, Facebook
- “Ok, i just got the USB device. So far i am loving it. I work in telecom so i expected a couple of minutes of setup. I was very pleasantly surprised it was true plug-and-play, and on a MAC!.I will keep using it, and believe me if the experience is this silky smooth, i will be telling all my friends and coworkers!”- Juan Zacarias, Facebook
- “If you havn’t heard of FreedomPop yet, you will soon. Free data plan? Game changer. @FreedomPop4G”- Charlie Houchin, Twitter
First of all, we want to thank you, our customers for believing in us. What started as a simple idea of has transformed into a global, online mission to bring free internet access to anyone, anywhere. At FreedomPop, we believe the internet is a right, not a privilege and with each new customer, we take one step closer to fulfilling our mission to providing free internet for all. We thank you all for your continued support.
We’ve created this blog to keep our supporters like you up to date with the latest and greatest in products, service innovations, company news, and FreedomPop community news. We’re all a part of our stated mission for delivering free internet and want to keep you updated with our advancements. Once again thank you to our valued customers, talented team and partners. It won’t be easy to reinvent internet access, but with your help free internet for all is in the near future.