Archive for the ‘freedom phone’ tag
We’re absolutely thrilled to announce one of our most successful launches yet for our revolutionary new Beta Freedom Phone. In fact, our phone promotion definitely captured a lot of attention, so much so we had a much bigger back order than anticipated.
That said, we expected to do hundreds of orders, not tens of thousands and kitting these phones proved to take a little longer than anticipated. But the good news is that we’ve automated the process and are banging through back orders now. In addition, we will be working through the holidays to make sure that your order gets shipped as soon as it can.
For you patience users who have waited longer than the anticipated 2 weeks are receiving an extra 1GB of data on us, as a special thank you.
FreedomPop is happy to announce that our newest mission to bring Free Talk, Text and Data to all Americans is off to a great start. As promised, we are working tirelessly to address the initial beta feedback to improve our product.
Good news is that we have already made improvements on two of the biggest initial issues regarding the Freedom Phone: Call Quality over 3G and Battery Life.
For improved call quality over 3G, just download the latest version of our Messaging App in Google Play:
- Either by opening up Google Play App in your Freedom Phone or using this link: http://bit.ly/16qyT7u
- Click the “Update” button on the top left hand side to begin the download
- For the best results, make sure Wi-Fi is turned on (under “Settings”) and connected to your home WiFi
- You can also toggle the “Auto Update” feature by clicking on the Menu Button while in the Google Play Store Page for our Messaging App
If you are experiencing a shortened battery life for your Evo Design 4G:
First off, let us know if you want a new battery free of charge. Just email customer support with a valid shipping address.
also, below are some tips to immediately reduce battery power
1) Connect your device to wifi at home (which lessons the power consumption from 3G and 4G antennas)
2) Reduce the Brightness of your Screen
For a complete list of ways to improve your battery life, check out our Freedom Phone support page: http://bit.ly/15YmhlD.
There’s also outside resources online that already exist for the Evo Design 4G. Feel free to research battery saving tips on your own. Here are a few that we’ve found to be helpful:
- Troubleshoot Issues Related to Battery Life- HTC EVO Design 4G- http://bit.ly/1eEtxpd
- HTC Evo 4G’s Battery Life Wiki- http://bit.ly/H6FI2Q
Once again we want to thank the best early adopters ever for participating in Freedom Phone Beta! Our efforts to give you the best experience and service will never stop. We’ll continue to provide updates through our App in the Google Play Store.